Imagine that….just sitting here in the blogosphere sharing my travels and journeys from behind my keyboard and out the blue a Blogger Award nomination – my FIRST – thanks to Jenn a.k.a Travelgirl47!!! Not just any award but the “Sisterhood of the World” Blogger Award which is an award given to women bloggers, by other women bloggers, to recognize the unique female voices across the world.
I could not have been more flattered and honored not to mention inspired to continue sharing my journeys and subsequently myself to anyone who finds a few minutes to read my blog. Thank you again Jenn for the nomination. For those of you reading this please go check out her blog as she scribes about her life AFTER cubicle life wherein she embarked on a journey to Thailand teaching English…..boooyaaaah!!!
Sooooooo, the rules of accepting the nomination this award includes:
- “Thanking” the person who nominated you and linking back to their blog.
- Answering the 10 questions given to you by the person who nominates you
- Nominating 7 other bloggers who inspire you, and gifting them with 10 questions in which to answer.
- You must include the award badge in your post.
Travelgirl47 presented me with the following questions:
1) Who is your favorite Superhero? For obvious reason it is definitely Wonderwoman whom I grew up on with the incomparable Lynda Carter in the t.v. series!!
2) What was the last picture you took on your phone? The college campus in Charleston the other day while attending college registration for my daughter.
3) What is one of your pet peeves while traveling? I admit it, I don’t care much for inconsiderate, impatient, rude people who are often less frequent travelers. I prefer to roll with the punches a lot in travel understanding that all sorts of things can and likely will occur (delays, crying babies, accommodation issues, etc.) that you simply have no control over so you may as well be pleasant and patient.
4) If you had to take dance lessons in a certain country, what style of dance would you choose to learn and where? Definitely Brazilian Samba lessons in Rio largely because I missed the opportunity during my last trip there.
5) What’s the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Octopus in Tokyo a few years back. Strange only because I’m pretty straight and narrow on my food choices but I WILL try anything once.
6) Who would you most like to be stuck in an elevator with? Warren Buffett so that I could make small talk about investing and hopefully pick his brain a little bit for even a little bit of knowledge from him would take me a looong long way.
7) What’s the worst injury you have had while traveling? While in Cancun in the early 2000s, I jumped off a pier or some structure and somehow hit my foot on some rocks resulting in a huuuuge gash on the side of my foot. Crazy thing is I didn’t even realize I was sliced up until I reached the shore.
8) Where is your dream vacation? I would have to learn to ‘vacation’ first lol as each journey for me is just that – a journey lol!! I would have to say if I think of what ‘vacation’ means to me then probably Maldives which is on my list of places to visit but I can see myself just “being” while there which is rare for me because I typically like to wander and explore.
9) What is your favorite genre of music? I like Pop music or maybe I’m dating myself because it might not even be called that anymore….whatever genre songs that make the Top 40’s lists falls under lol!
10) What is something that inspires you the most? I’m inspired most by truth, transparency, and authenticity. We heard it ALL the time that we should “be ourselves” and “be real” etc., but how often can you say you’ve come across those who are both with themselves and others? Not often so in my; dealings, having those moments with people is always so very inspiring because we can learn so much from each other when we are in our truth; our most purest, authentic selves.
Now, the simple rules for this award are:
1) Say “Thank You” to the person who nominated you and link their blog to your post.
2) Answer the 10 questions given to you.
3) Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and let them know they have been nominated.
4) Include the Award Badge in your post.
Drum roll pleeeeeeeease……………………………………………………………….
The blogs and bloggers I find inspiring and therefore nominate for the “Sisterhood of the World” Bloggers Award are the following:
So Award nominees, my if you choose to accept the nomination, the questions for you are as follows:
1. What motivated you to join the blogosphere (no matter how long you’ve been blogging)?
2. If you could have a “do-over” what moment/event or time in your life would you use your “do-over” card?
3. When life hands you lemons, how do you handle the situation?
4. What’s something about YOU that most would find hard to believe?
5. Right this moment, what’s the first thing to come to mind?
6. If I asked your best/closest friend your 3 best qualities what would they say? What would you say?
7. If you could design your dream trip/adventure/journey (money/time is no object), what would it look like?
8. Do you believe in soul mates?
9. What do you want most for your blog?
10. Passion, Power, or Purpose, which of the three is most important to you in this journey called life?
There you have it! Thank you all for supporting my journeys and the random musings about them lol!
~ Travel Well ~